Base Raiders: Gate 9 – Episode 5

The actions of the Gate 9 team have led to a citywide crackdown by the government. That won’t deter the new base raiders from scheming though. A government storage facility has some mighty nice loot, just there for the taking. What could go wrong?

If you enjoy Base Raiders, why not pick up a copy? Get the book and PDF for only $21!

7 comments for “Base Raiders: Gate 9 – Episode 5

1. May 1, 2017 at 4:38 pm

Friends of the Arcane Library! 😀

Damn it Caleb, now I need to write a campaign around this idea!

2. May 1, 2017 at 6:58 pm

@LauraB Next on TechDiff’s gaming schedule sometime? Hmm? Please? XD

I liked how buying the powers off this session devolved into an Arms-race over American Pharaoh.

Also with the ghosts now inhabiting the Nanobots, do we now have an alternate rendition of “Phantom Mech”?

3. May 1, 2017 at 8:39 pm

@Crazon Well, some folks have gotten into the idea queue before me, but I’ll work on it!

4. Teapot
    May 2, 2017 at 12:44 am

Gate 9!

I liked Aaron’s suggestion that the library is full of failed schools from Unknown Armies.

5. Twibbit
    May 2, 2017 at 12:43 pm

Yay! Tray is back, let the teen angst begin!

6. trekie140
    May 3, 2017 at 9:24 am

Is it just me or is the government conspiracy card being played a little early? I mean, it was obviously going to happen eventually, but I think it’s a bit much to lead with internment camps for children. I was fine with the EPSA being at odds with the players, I just find them explicitly supporting a “pray away the powers” camp to be something that removes any moral ambiguity of the situation.

7. Teapot
    May 3, 2017 at 12:02 pm

@trekie140, I think the conspiracy card got played a lot earlier with Dan being an informant from episode 1?2? one of those.

Otherwise I’m excited to see this since it never made it into New Arcadia. Which is why I suspect Ross had it ready to go as soon as the PCs caused a mini-riot.