Base Raiders: Gate 9 – Episode 1

Years ago, a group of civilians were caught in a battle between superheroes and villains. These hapless bystanders were temporarily transformed into mindless monsters at gate 9 of an airport. They were turned back into normal humans, but their lives were never the same. Now, the government is poised to remove their civil rights because they are technically registered as non-humans. However, they are given a lead on a potential source for superpowers. If they gain powers, perhaps they can use them to erase any evidence of their past. Learn what happens when the survivors of Gate 9 are given a chance to take fate into their own hands…

22 comments for “Base Raiders: Gate 9 – Episode 1

1. Teapot
    February 12, 2017 at 11:12 pm

I’ve been looking forward to a Base Raiders campaign for so long.

2. gnawer
    February 12, 2017 at 11:44 pm

Well, I was going to be heading to bed. Looks like that will be happening in three hours, four minutes and 35 seconds now. Ehh, who needs sleep anyways.

3. darthrex354
    February 13, 2017 at 1:36 am

God I love the American Pharaoh

4. ben wenham
    February 13, 2017 at 3:44 am

Oh my god, Oh my god, oh my god!!!!!
    Been waiting for a full on campaign of base raiders forever

5. zero
    February 13, 2017 at 5:29 am

I had been hoping for more Base Raiders, excellent!

6. Adam Makey
    February 13, 2017 at 11:41 am

You know it’s good when you can’t wait for the next episode!

American Pharaoh is amazing! I’m going to love listening to this unfold.

7. Arutha
    February 13, 2017 at 12:52 pm

Love the Unknown Armies reference, someone made about American Pharaoh.

8. Twisting H
    February 13, 2017 at 5:08 pm

Man I wish Bill had played “I am a Real American” on his super-bard keyboard when Caleb revealed the American Pharaoh.

In fact, all of the characters should have theme songs!

Great opening episode Ross & gang. Looking forward to this series.

9. Jace911
    February 13, 2017 at 9:55 pm

Pre-superpowers, Caleb’s character reminded me of an even more depressing Jake Lloyd.

10. The Nit Picker
    February 14, 2017 at 4:44 am

Can’t wait for the next episode. Aaron has finally become the taser, Faust gets to be even more of a neck-stabber, Shaun gets vintage powers, and then the American Pharaoh.

Bit of a nitpick: Cleopatra wore a fake beard, sometimes went by male pronouns, and generally was not the super-feminine type that the RPPR crew seemed to think she was. She was also not particularly seductive (some sources say downright ugly). A magic item connected to her would probably not care about gender or give gender-related powers. Then again, maybe it’s a sword from the first staging of “Anthony and Cleopatra” or something, so it’s more a channel for an archetypical fictional Cleopatra than an actual magic sword that the pharaoh blessed.

11. Cameron Berg
    February 14, 2017 at 9:14 am

Oh my God, American Pharoah is the BEST. I was hoping he’d snap out of his catatonia with uncharacteristic confidence and bark something like “I am the American Pharoah, and you will give me the respect I deserve, peasant.”

12. James
    February 15, 2017 at 1:36 am

Caleb manages to have the most comic book orgin story ever. So congrats? Only way it could be more so if a mugger killed his parents.

13. benjamin wenham
    February 15, 2017 at 9:58 am

Just got to the Ranma 1/2 reference. First time I ran base raiders, I had a power sources that would turn a character into a magical girl. It got grabbed by one of the guys. His dresses were always the fluffyiest! 😀

14. Levi
    February 15, 2017 at 10:42 am

Echoing everyone by saying that American Pharaoh is such a great hero name.

Excellent intro. Looking forward to some raiding.

15. February 15, 2017 at 3:58 pm

This was an excellent game… sigh… and now I’ve gotta wait a few weeks for the next one.

Looking forward to the campaign.

16. sevrl bats
    February 15, 2017 at 10:39 pm

yesss that is a good campaign conceit and a good campaign name and a good pharaoh

I can’t remember, do the Heroes of New Arcadia PCs make an appearance in the Base Raiders core, or does the setting just share a history and some NPCs? I assume it’s not doomed to be Childhood’s Ended

17. Gera
    February 16, 2017 at 5:12 pm

@ The Nit Picker
    It’s easier to just hadcannon that cleopatra actually WAS a seductive smokin’ hot babe pop culture teaches us she was.

Anyways I don’t have anything to add other than I am also in love with the idea of the American Pharaoh.

18. Rob
    February 17, 2017 at 3:46 am

So far this campaign reminds me a little of Grant Morrison’s run on Doom Patrol.

19. Claive
    February 17, 2017 at 10:48 am

Vote Pharaoh 2020! Make America Opulent again!

20. February 17, 2017 at 5:15 pm

Amazing all around. Yes, American Pharaoh looks to be a breakout. But great play by everybody. I love me some wild Base Raiders action.

Can’t wait to see the art for the other heroes, and find out what all their super names are!

21. sevrl bats
    February 19, 2017 at 6:55 am

@TNP I think in superhero fiction every historical figure is assumed to be the base archetype that’s coalesced around them in the Hollywood era unless explicitly singled out for trope subversion! I was wondering about the actual historical figure as I listened, though.