Dungeon Crawl Classics: Steal Dracula’s Gold

dracula-goldDRACULA HAS TOO DAMN MUCH GOLD. Also he’s been kind of a jerk lately, what with the blood drainings and whatnot. So a group of peasants march on his castle to deal with him once and for all. They hope their superior numbers will result in victory, jamming death traps with their corpses, and overbearing any guardians. But before they slay Dracula, the peasants hope to loot the castle and thus gain a way out of the grinding cycle of peasant life. Of course, between the traps, monsters, and ancient artifacts held in the castle, who knows what will happen? Let the carnage begin!

19 comments for “Dungeon Crawl Classics: Steal Dracula’s Gold

1. zero
    September 28, 2015 at 6:12 pm

yesss, while I admit I did not enjoy playing it at GenCon, I love Caleb’s enjoyment of the game. Shitty wizards for everyone!

2. Ian
    September 28, 2015 at 8:28 pm

So I really want to play this scenario now.

3. UselRay
    September 28, 2015 at 11:10 pm

What was the siren/emergancy alert thing that went off? you said it had something to do with flash flood.

Also the game is good too.

4. September 29, 2015 at 2:34 am

This time stamps the game, but we recorded it on July 5, 2015. There was flash flooding around Springfield, Missouri, where I live: http://www.ky3.com/news/local/pictures-flash-flooding-in-the-ozarks-on-sunday/21048998_34007136

5. Beej
    September 29, 2015 at 12:17 pm

Yes, I agree with Zero. The game isn’t all that enjoyable to play but listening to you guys was hilarious.

6. Celebrochan
    September 29, 2015 at 2:50 pm

I loved the module.

7. Beej
    September 29, 2015 at 4:05 pm

Ross where did you pull the tables for the library books and what what was the pathfinder card thing for the palor?

8. Ethan C.
    September 29, 2015 at 4:45 pm

Yeah, I have the same smartphone problem as Aaron has. It’ll blare at me about a “FLASH FLOOD WARNING!” forever until I confirm that I’ve seen the message. Tornado Warning, though? Nada.

9. Buck
    September 30, 2015 at 1:30 am

Two quotes for this session:

“IS IT TIME YET?”
    “No.”
    “OK…”

“You really don’t understand Dragons, do you?”

10. UselRay
    September 30, 2015 at 5:36 am

OH, so the flood alert was on the phone? I thought there was like a box or something in the house. Don’t have anything like there where I’m from. Your cell provider just texts you emergency updates?

ALSO: I liked the part at the end where the players rented out the dungeon to adventures. The whole game was silly in a fun way.

11. zero
    September 30, 2015 at 5:39 pm

also noticed you didn’t ‘roll over’ any of the dead, you guys were excited

October 1, 2015 at 9:04 pm

I can’t imagine wanting to play any other kind of DCC than a character funnel. It sounds like so much fun.

13. October 2, 2015 at 1:06 am

Wand of Wonder table I used for the library I think: http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com/fantasy/fantpdf/DMG-A1_Wand%20of%20Wonder.pdf

14. uwtartarus
    October 2, 2015 at 9:31 am

Plus the Harrow Deck of Many Things (a particular favorite of my PF RPG campaigns)

15. darren t.
    October 3, 2015 at 12:37 pm

Very fun game & while I doubt the book for reference will be great, still looks fun.

Also looking forward to hearing the scenario more suited to the crazy magic of Dungeon Crawl Classics in the deck of cards compared to the one from Pathfinder.

16. October 13, 2015 at 7:20 pm

This was a lot of fun to listen to, though I feel that more characters should have died. A lot more.

Anyway, the expanded Deck of Many Things stole the show and I would definitely appreciate an entire campaign dedicated to players using and abusing this and the other random effect items and artifacts out there. Clearly without any investment in the character’s development the negative cards lack the sting of say, having your 8th level Fighter of the last 2 years killed instantly but whatever, as long as it’s entertaining and everyone is having a good time, which was clearly happening during this play session.

17. April 3, 2016 at 3:22 pm

This one shot has been depicted through the RPPR Patreon. Check it out! https://www.patreon.com/posts/5076491