Night’s Black Agents: Tribes of Tokyo episode 10

Watch Fantasy by DyE on Youtube :DIt is the year 444 of Sheng the Immortal’s rule. As Sheng has always existed, he had the foresight to find brave warriors and cunning tacticians and send their minds through time so they may be useful long after their natural deaths. Now, as a ruler, Sheng uses Pilgrims for missions of great importance. Most arrivals of the Pilgrims are foretold, but not all of them. Guides wait to greet the Pilgrims, should they arrive unexpectedly. The latest group of Pilgrims is unlike the others though…

17 comments for “Night’s Black Agents: Tribes of Tokyo episode 10

November 27, 2013 at 1:24 am

Yithian vampires from the futuuu–damn it Caleb you stole my comment in the last thirty seconds

2. Caleb
    November 27, 2013 at 11:54 am

Comment death trap!

3. Sam
    November 27, 2013 at 1:58 pm

Holy hell. This is incredibly cool. Only halfway through the episode and I’m hooked. The blending of mythology is amazing.

4. Ethan C.
    November 27, 2013 at 4:55 pm

Wow, things have gotten really interesting now…

5. Krecart
    November 27, 2013 at 5:51 pm

So, how many years AF was that?

6. November 27, 2013 at 6:27 pm

This session takes place in 5013 AD.

7. Thesauradon
    November 28, 2013 at 4:06 am

The true horror- this takes place in the year… BF 5! Harujappa saves us from the Vampires only for the TITANS to rise in their place! The death trap was plural!

8. Boyos
    November 28, 2013 at 6:40 am

Great AP, love the twist this game takes.

9. Oracle
    November 28, 2013 at 8:34 pm

*not finished listening
    *spoiler alert
    Oh my good this is becoming a game of continuum.
    Will the next sessions be them sliding forward and backwards through time replaying the same mission trying to not fuck up?
    Great Thanksgiving post.

10. Nate
    November 28, 2013 at 10:31 pm

Whoooooaaaa! Far OUT! That… that escalated quickly, and I am so absolutely, incredibly intrigued, now (not that I wasn’t before, but whoa!)

November 29, 2013 at 8:22 am

I like all the illustrations for this campaign, but this one particularly caught my eye. so goooood

12. Review Cultist
    November 30, 2013 at 1:33 pm

@crawkill They were all really fun to Illustrate. I believe Ross’s suggestion for this was “Make it look like a Rifts cover piece but with the Fantasy music video in mind”? It was something like that. I like to use silhouettes in darker pieces. Makes it more foreboding.

13. Guycep
    December 2, 2013 at 2:58 am

This is a really awesome session that continues an awesome campaign, but man going back to the present and spying just feels a bit jarring afterwards. What’s a person supposed to want, given the information they now have?
    Should they prevent a Sheng-ruled future? Do you care that it happens, when it’s only going to happen in three thousand years? Shit, maybe he’s the only one who CAN stop a nightmare from beyond space and time from destroying the world.

14. Guycep
    December 2, 2013 at 2:59 am

What I’m saying is that vampire Haru is what’s kept in the long vault.

15. Omega
    December 2, 2013 at 8:03 pm

Ross Payton, worlds greatest master of Mythopoeia.

Or, alternatively; Ross Payton, everything is always Cthulhus in Carcosa.

February 19, 2014 at 5:34 pm

Vampire Time Travel Craziness. I’m glad Jason stopped tapping on the table, Jebus… It was just starting to get to me. 🙂 Can’t wait to see what’s in the Vault.

What’s in the Vaulllllltttt…

17. KenR
    January 15, 2016 at 3:08 pm

I think the “how many years AF” comment is getting at this same idea, but … is this the same Tokyo we saw in Know Evil? There are some similarities that don’t seem coincidental and I recall other mentions of RPPR continuity..

Great session in general. The House of Emerald was my favorite bit – I liked how the characters were physically very strong so the threats to their personality/sanity seemed far more frightening by contrast.