A Dirty World: Cottonwood – Part 1

cottonwood1Join Ross, Caleb, and Tom as they play Texas Rangers called to the tiny town of Page, Texas. When one of their own is killed, these Rangers will stop at nothing to tear out the gnarled, diseased roots of corruption that are crushing this township and its surrounding county, but how deep do those roots run? It’s A Dirty World (RPG), and things are about to get uglier.

16 comments for “A Dirty World: Cottonwood – Part 1

1. CJFD
    November 19, 2016 at 7:09 pm

Listening to this while sitting in a cafe in Austin. Hipsters everywhere, so, five minutes into the recording and I’m sold. Totes legit.

2. November 19, 2016 at 10:25 pm

Caleb complains about backward technology. That’s a new square on the RPPR Bingo card.

3. November 19, 2016 at 11:18 pm

1:51:30 – YOU SONS A BITCHES

4. Stringmaster94
    November 20, 2016 at 1:52 pm

Damn, Sean runs a mean Dirty World game. You guys should make him GM more often.

5. KemlinDragos
    November 20, 2016 at 5:08 pm

I wonder how excited Caleb was when he got to say “I’m murder police”.

6. November 20, 2016 at 8:55 pm

This is some awesome Season 1 True Detective goodness going on here, I cant wait for Part 2!

7. November 21, 2016 at 3:55 am

daguerreotype… priceless!!

November 21, 2016 at 6:52 pm

A Dirty World is the very best
    drug-addled prisoner was 3spooky
    I love the mundanity of the evil in this setting, definitely ordinary people doing bad things which seems appropriate to the cultural moment
    I’m amazed there’s still enough for another episode and excited for the conclusion!
    ALSO CALEB PLEASE NEVER BECOME A DIRTY COP IRL BECAUSE YOU WILL RUN THE COUNTY YOU ARE SO SCARY

9. November 22, 2016 at 3:17 am

I’m very keen for part 2. The world needs more police procedural APs.

10. Jack Anderson
    November 22, 2016 at 3:29 am

When will we ever learn about what happened in the lost Dog Punching AP? This has been haunting me for years.

11. Badger
    November 22, 2016 at 7:29 am

It’s been so long since we’ve gotten Full-On Mastermind Caleb, and I’ve missed it so. Truly excellent stuff, and Shaun’s done great with his mystery. Can’t wait for the next part, guys!

12. November 22, 2016 at 3:55 pm

Dog Punching happened during Operation Downside, which was posted to the Unspeakable podcast: http://theunspeakableoath.com/home/2012/07/unspeakable-actual-play-podcast-episode-6-%e2%80%93-operation-downside-part-2-of-4/

13. Mikkofier
    November 23, 2016 at 9:03 pm

I’ll have to say I appreciated the reference to Wild Cards. Did not expect that

14. Levi Gustafsson
    November 29, 2016 at 5:57 am

Excellent game. I’m enjoying the mystery and the rather traditional investigation.

You ran it really well, Shaun. By the way, was your portrayal of Brujo based on Charlie Lange in true detective? In any case, I really dug it.

15. KenR
    December 1, 2016 at 4:05 pm

More Dirty World is always solid. Shaun, you have a bottomless knowledge of civil servant jobs and local government. It was a lot of fun to hear both Ross and Caleb playing A Dirty World, and Tom’s bizarre set of failures early on.

Very cool setting – I’ve never been to Texas, but the game did a lot to work in interesting local elements.