Feng Shui 2: Hotline HK – Part 1

hk3A group of vigilantes, inspired by a masked killer in Miami, fights organized crime in Hong Kong. They wear animal masks and use the lawless Kowloon Walled City as a base of operations. When they learn of a meeting between triads and a corrupt cop at a local tea house, they move in to wipe out the criminal scum. What secret is the cop offering to sell to the gangsters? If the vigilantes manage to find out, will they even want to know?

9 comments for “Feng Shui 2: Hotline HK – Part 1

1. Nick
    August 31, 2016 at 9:35 am

Perfect@! This Hong Konger loves this AP!

2. Mister Fantastic
    September 1, 2016 at 6:26 pm

I -want- to listen to this right now, but I have work this weekend and I should -really- save it for then. Aggggh!

3. Glen Taylor
    September 3, 2016 at 1:17 am

I love Feng Shui. I loved it before, and the 2nd edition made it even better. The rules serve the genre and tone perfectly.

4. Darren T.
    September 3, 2016 at 5:53 pm

Love the system after hearing the excellent Jackie Chan vs Cobra themed episodes on One Shot Podcast so I’m excited to hear the RPPR crew dive into this fun cinematic system.

5. AdamS
    September 5, 2016 at 8:48 pm

Wow, is this the shortest time-to-combat for an RPPR game?

6. Adam
    September 11, 2016 at 11:25 am

I hope we get fan art. The masks at least.

7. Ethan C.
    September 13, 2016 at 4:18 pm

Cool, the system really seems to work great at generating the feel of Hong Kong action movies. I’m curious to see what the crew does with the wider array of fantasy and sci fi options available in the game, too.

8. KenR
    October 24, 2016 at 10:35 am

This is some of the most fun combat I’ve listened to in an AP. I’ve been interested in Feng Shui for a while, but it’s remarkable how well it works to fit everything into that action movie context.

I loved how excited everyone is to use their special abilities, from trading up guns to reversing the swerve to Bam Bam Epigram.

Hotline Miami seems like a pretty natural tie-in, too, between the 80s aesthetic and the incredible violence.

9. malkav11
    October 24, 2016 at 10:09 pm

And you had that reaction despite the fact that the RPPR crew aren’t doing a lot of describing what they’re actually doing in combat, which is a thing that Feng Shui highly encourages. Listen to the One Shot Feng Shui episodes for a sample of the game in full (albeit even more heavily pop-culture-referency) swing.