Wild Talents: Star Wars – The Ballad of Kevin Starchaser

Man, I'd kill a lot of bounty hunters to get out of being a moisture farmer. I hate moisture farming so much >:OA few months ago, Dan offered to run a Star Wars game using Wild Talents and Star ORE, along with a few other house rules. It only lasted two sessions but they were fun! So, to provide some holiday cheer, I present to you the Ballad of Kevin Starchaser (and his friends). They have a spaceship and make poor life decisions. Also: Star Wars.

20 comments for “Wild Talents: Star Wars – The Ballad of Kevin Starchaser

1. Review Cultist
    December 27, 2012 at 8:08 pm

2:30:00
    Aaron Carson, for your consideration!

That was beautiful, not since Bryson Springs has there been a more awesomely over the top freak out.

2. Sam
    December 28, 2012 at 3:50 am

Ok big question what is Aaron?

We got Trandoshans. Something, and a human in Ross

3. Aaron
    December 28, 2012 at 5:55 am

I was playing a Mon Calamari techie.

4. Sam
    December 28, 2012 at 7:18 am

Ah cause I kept getting interference and the Mon Calamari female.
    Huh is Aaron playing a Quarren(Other side of unification)

Sad this game only went on for 2 Sessions, much like the Darksun game lots of promise and cool ideas
    You guys really should do a Saga Edition game. All Jedi
    Cause the classic rule, all jedi or no jedi

December 28, 2012 at 3:33 pm

hah, Eclipse Phase mental gearshifting into Star Wars is grindy as fuck. hard scifi horror > doofy fish people space fantasy! Ross saved it for me by being Major Laser in space, though. also I thought the Tuscan Sound Raiders were a real thing but google turns up NOTHING so you guys should probably start a band before the opportunity is gone forever

6. Sam
    December 28, 2012 at 9:06 pm

2:13 “How the hell is a hat going to disguise me?” “If it’s a good hat! AND A SCARF?”

Ross Payton, ladies and gentlemen.

7. December 29, 2012 at 11:11 am

And playing the role of Cody in this episode will be Ross Payton.

December 29, 2012 at 12:04 pm

The real danger for people going from EP to SW is more that they start applying some of the Transhuman mindset to a universe not ready for TITANS. One only needs a little time going through the EU to find justification for many techs. Which is how my old group was on the way to winning a war on Hutts with kenetic kill weapons, massive swarms of Hutt eating nanobots, various engineered virii and world ending releases of radiation.

9. December 30, 2012 at 5:37 am

You’re right, it’s like oh, the Wookie terrorists are going to come vaporize us with thermal detonators! and I’m thinking, so what, you’re backed up, right? They’re not going to recover your stack after that.

10. FuzzyDan
    December 31, 2012 at 12:18 am

I really wish my work schedule would have allowed me to keep this going. Oh well, mayhaps one day I will be able to resume the redonkulous escalation.

11. Mr. Wenz
    December 31, 2012 at 7:05 am

Wow this is amazingly fun. Congrats Dan for the campaign concept, and execution.

12. Leigh
    December 31, 2012 at 7:11 am

This was kinda awesome.

13. January 1, 2013 at 6:42 pm

This is like Big Trouble in Little China in space, featuring Kevin Starchaser as Jack Burton.

14. Tim
    January 3, 2013 at 5:22 pm

Kevin was pretty good with a blaster and Jack Burton was neutral to positive on the whole subject of moisture farming so the similarities are not perfect.

15. Jared
    January 4, 2013 at 8:38 pm

Does Ross not like Star Wars? I couldn’t tell…

16. January 4, 2013 at 10:00 pm

I enjoy Star Wars but I am not a hardcore fanboy about it.

17. Joecrak
    January 8, 2013 at 3:13 pm

So Aaron’s freak out moment was amazingly crazy, though the calm to we afterwards were amusingly awkward. Still, using a general who is best known for leading his republic army into a trap? Not the best example of what the mon cal did compared to the super awesome humans.

18. Ben Flood
    January 31, 2013 at 2:55 pm

Weedlord Boner.
    One a goon always a goon, right Ross?

19. January 31, 2013 at 4:50 pm

@Ben Flood – Weedlord BonerHITLER thank you very much and I got that name from this article: http://gawker.com/5916751/gop-trolled-by-weedlord-bonerhitler-in-online-healthcare-petition-stunt

20. Willard Phule
    June 12, 2014 at 3:37 am

So nobody else got the Phule’s Company reference (Lorelei, the gambling space station from Phule’s Paradise)…