Monsters and Other Childish Things: Junkyard on the Edge of Forever

Spoiler alert?In this playtest of a Gencon scenario written by Aaron, a group of kids look into a mystery and stumble across a time traveling conspiracy of Men in Black and even more sinister foes! When a friendly monster disappears, a group of kids and their monster buddies look for their friend. Their search takes them to a junkyard…on the edge of Forever. Well, I could post more, but I don’t want to spoil it for you. Does anyone even read these things? I don’t know. The important thing is that Aaron ran a great game.

16 comments for “Monsters and Other Childish Things: Junkyard on the Edge of Forever

1. Darthrex
    November 28, 2012 at 3:06 am

Game date approx August 13th 2012.

2. Darthrex
    November 28, 2012 at 3:06 am

Because I can

3. Dom
    November 28, 2012 at 7:03 am

Yes Ross, I DO read the AP descriptions.

4. SageNytell
    November 28, 2012 at 3:08 pm

As do I, and I’m at 2:40:55 and have yet to hear Jason, Thad, or Caleb, and David isn’t even tagged a little bit! SHEESH

5. Omega
    November 28, 2012 at 5:37 pm

We all know Ross cannot into tags

6. wesley
    November 28, 2012 at 7:35 pm

Only Arron could have made this game and chosen this setting. Kudos Arron and keep’em coming.

7. Boyos
    November 28, 2012 at 8:54 pm

Yay!!! MaoCT, and Aaron is running it!!! Woot!

8. Boyos
    November 29, 2012 at 4:54 am

Just got done listing. WOW! Great game, would love to here the gen con one, love the revised ideas at the end, great job Aaron.

November 29, 2012 at 8:44 am

Letting a kid watch those old HK movies is pretty irresponsible. Kind of awesome though.

10. Scurvy
    November 30, 2012 at 7:29 am

Between this and the Legacy of NIMH game, Aaron seems to have the perversion/corruption of childhood memories down to an art. Kudos to you, my good sir.

The image chosen for the AP really embodies this. I remember the first time I saw that picture, I welled up a little.

11. marcelum
    November 30, 2012 at 10:10 am

well just to let you know, I downloaded this cos i first read the description… I was curios about Aaron’s development as a GM.

Good stuff. Would have be annoying to be playing a kid and not a monster. So it was a good suggestion, though I’d hate to come up with a pre-shadowing scene the day before a genCon.

12. Review Cultist
    December 3, 2012 at 10:54 pm

This episode was a load of fun to listen to, on equal footing to the NIMH game in nostalgic greatness.

13. thorfin
    March 24, 2013 at 12:06 pm

Sorry for the necro, but I just got around to listening to this.
    My favorite part?

“Actually, it would be an Iron Cross”
    “Alternate reality, shut up!”

I had to pause for a while to laugh.

Purely for future reference, an even better reply would have added “Besides, it would be a Balkenkreuz, so double shut up!”

Keep up the great work guys. I may not be able to play as often as I would like, but you keep me in the groove with your recordings.

14. Thunderbelly
    January 5, 2014 at 8:30 pm

This is the third time I have listened to this and whiz Aaron would print the damn notes so that I can run it with out having to do all the real work myself. 😀

PS-
    Ross is a demigod!

15. Thunderbelly
    January 5, 2014 at 8:32 pm

In what pocket dimension does WISH get auto translated as WHIZ?

16. January 6, 2014 at 1:49 pm

@Thunderbelly At first I thought you were insinuating that Aaron was in fact a wizard. (Which may or may not be true)

Also I agree that Aaron should release his notes or do up a ransom or something.