Fear Itself: Slender man

The Slender Man is a terrifying entity associated with the mysterious disappearances of many individuals.  In the gated community of Fiddler’s Green, four children have gone missing and the case has gone cold. A documentary film crew has just shown up to investigate. Will they find out what happened to the children or will they also disappear into the embrace of the Slender Man?

27 comments for “Fear Itself: Slender man

1. Jonnygadfly
    October 1, 2010 at 9:26 am

Hoorah! More Fear Itself APs, please. These are always my favorites (maybe because I can’t get my weaksauce players to play it).

2. Salkovich
    October 1, 2010 at 10:20 am

OHHHHH yes. Been waiting a while for this one.

3. Brandon
    October 1, 2010 at 10:24 am

I really can’t wait to listen to this one. Ross, today you are the man.

4. Charlie72
    October 1, 2010 at 12:00 pm

Wait, I thought the Slender man game was a NWoD game?

5. setherick
    October 1, 2010 at 12:45 pm

@Charlie72: Candle Cove was an nWoD game. Maybe you’re thinking of that.

6. October 1, 2010 at 1:10 pm

No I did run a short Hunter the Vigil nWoD game based on Slender Man. I ran 3 or 4 sessions before it fell apart. Not sure when I’ll post that though.

7. Salkovich
    October 1, 2010 at 2:26 pm

Who’s the fourth player?

8. October 1, 2010 at 2:32 pm

a friend of RJ’s named Gilbert.

9. Dom
    October 1, 2010 at 3:32 pm

Awesome AP. Loved the scene with Aaron and the flash drive, very creepy stuff indeed.

10. Seejo Crux
    October 1, 2010 at 5:40 pm

So that’s what goons with Photoshop do with their free time….

11. Max
    October 1, 2010 at 5:48 pm

Interesting to see a new take on the Slenderman mythos – I’ve never seen an interpretation based around film. I’m kinda surprised the whole “he doesn’t have a face” thing didn’t come up, though.

Nice reference to Henry Hall, by the way. For those not in the know, Hall was the author of a song called “Hush, Hush, Hush – Here Comes the Bogeyman”, where he told kids how to scare the bogeyman away. Fitting.

Of all the characters Tom has played, I can’t help but think that this was one of the most diabolical. “Film it! You’re fired! I distribute the movie!” You’re evil, Mr. Church.

12. setherick
    October 1, 2010 at 6:06 pm

We were better investigators in the Skype game. Post it! Post it RAW!

13. Seejo Crux
    October 1, 2010 at 6:35 pm

Henry Hall’s song was in Bioshock 2. Easily my favorite.

14. Asimov
    October 2, 2010 at 12:12 pm

Oh man I’ve been waiting for this since you guys did Candle Cove.

15. Lucart
    October 2, 2010 at 6:38 pm

I really enjoy the references throughout the recording: Majestic-12, the German fairy tales etc. I can’t help but think that the ‘FBI Guys’ said to have been there before were an ill-fated Delta Green cell.

16. Arthur
    October 4, 2010 at 4:04 pm

I’ve waited so long for this episode, ever since that little whisper way back when. Thanx RPPR!

17. Tom Church
    October 6, 2010 at 12:00 pm

My job was to get the story. “By any and all means necessary.” Journalism with the military concept of acceptable losses. Nothing finer.

18. Bill Delgado
    October 10, 2010 at 10:22 pm

“We need to find some footage of Indians…”

That line cracked me up.

19. Setherick
    October 15, 2010 at 8:07 pm

The Skype game was still better. :)

20. Ryo
    November 9, 2010 at 10:27 am

I very much enjoyed this. Great job guys.

21. Moondog
    November 20, 2010 at 2:18 am

This was excellent. Very glad I listened.

22. AndyMagnuseth
    January 10, 2012 at 8:03 am

Well this is…painfully ironic.

I keep having dreams of rescuing children from battered homes and delivering them to this highly forested area, an old rocky parking lot reclaimed by nature, the doors to a bunker well hidden by rust and time, outlined by a square of glittering, rusty bottlecaps. The bunker is dark inside, a small hallway lit by christmas lights.

Somehow I have come to understand in my dreams that the Slender Man lives there, and will care for the children as his own in his own way. Somehow I have come to understand in my dreams that the place that I travel to was once Fiddler’s Green, long ago.

I do remember reading Sandman Comics, in which Fiddler’s Green left the land of dreams to live as a man named Gilbert. I remember he died in the Dreaming, from how the books went. I harbor a lot of emotions for this place, this person, and I find it…intriguing. I wonder what it all means sometimes.

23. MKS
    January 12, 2012 at 3:28 am

WOW :3 This would make an excellent short film — the bits when the Slender Man begins taking its victims I found very effectively done. Very good job :3

24. Kallisto73
    January 23, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Okay, this freaked me out! I listened to this at night by candle light, home alone with just the cat for company. And it freaked me out.
    This was a really, really good episode. Thank you so much!

25. MKS
    March 29, 2012 at 4:36 am

Oh oh, look, someone’s come out with a feature length “The Tall Man” movie

26. Review Cultist
    September 19, 2012 at 9:07 pm

Listening to this for the dozenth time (seriously, I need help! LOL)
    Between this and NWoD version of Slendy, I prefer this version. Dont get me wrong, the NWoD games were fun and pretty close to a Marble Hornets version of Slendy (at least for the first two sessions) but this one seems fresh and new, at least to me. I like how there are so many takes on the SlenderMan stories.