4E Dungeons and Dragons – The New World Campaign Game 25: Farewell to Arms

Cortez’s army has been defeated but Cortez still remains in power. How can the Water Barons remove the tyrant from power once and for all? In this session, they journey to Cortez’s territory to confront the madman in a dramatic confrontation. The fate of a nation is decided in this episode.

Special thanks to Ean Moody for the art!

8 comments for “4E Dungeons and Dragons – The New World Campaign Game 25: Farewell to Arms

1. boyos
    May 25, 2010 at 2:40 am

Woot, some Damn good role playing.

2. Tenik
    May 26, 2010 at 10:08 pm

*Spoiler*

Watcher killing the girl would have been awesome.

“I kneel in front of her.”
    “I give her a holy sword.”
    “I roll for initiative.”

3. Patrick
    May 29, 2010 at 3:17 pm

Loved the session, especially the rise of a new god, leader and nation.

I also really liked your use Aztec mythic imagery Ross.

As entertaining as the entire RPPR cast is, I find myself being more and more annoyed with Mike’s seemingly unending power trip.

Mike, you’re part of a “party” or to put it another way, you have a say in the group, but you don’t have the final say!

I missed Bill and Cody in this episode. I especially missed Bill’s thoughtful approach to each and every situation. Bill really is the Water Barons voice of reason.

I missed Cody just making me laugh my ass off, although Tom usually does a good job of filling that niche.

Anyway, great game guys! Look forward to the next installment.

When are we gonna get some more RJ Ross?

4. mrlr
    May 29, 2010 at 7:47 pm

Are you kidding? Bill and Cody are the most evil members of the party. If they were there, there would be no new nation, no new religion, just a shadow state for Pontifex.

5. Patrick
    May 30, 2010 at 12:27 am

Cody just wants to fuck things…

And Bill, well honestly, I don’t even know what Bill’s motivation is!

6. May 30, 2010 at 8:27 am

I’m not evil, I just do morally grey things for the greater good . . . which is killing Pontefix. Granted, there are many lives that are ruined in the process, but still, it’s all for the greater good.

I think after this episode, I’m pretty much in for the long haul. There is one episode in epic tier that I missed, but I’m pretty much in all the others, I think.

7. Harry Dal Bello
    May 30, 2010 at 11:20 am

Am i the only one who pictured Grippil suicide bombers when Tom said “we need to make sure it dosent turn into afghanistan?

8. beej
    June 2, 2010 at 3:30 pm

I was in the process of re-listening to the Prototype game when I started this one up. I almost ended up in tears when Tom threw in the comment about chloroform rags.