Dungeons and Dragons 5E: The Sea Demon’s Gold

A group of three adventurers are on a storm-wracked ship, seeking the island of a long-forgotten, abandoned temple to the Sea Demon. An extinct people sacrificed wealth and their own criminals and rulers at the temple to quell the demon’s wrath. Untold treasure is said to just be lying there. Are the heroes bold or ruthless enough to claim it?

Liked it? Get exclusive bonus episodes on Patreon!

9 comments for “Dungeons and Dragons 5E: The Sea Demon’s Gold

1. Marcos Garcia
    May 30, 2019 at 5:58 pm

Is this the one where the rat poops out the key? I read your Twitter lol

2. May 30, 2019 at 7:20 pm

No, that was inspired by a game that I haven’t uploaded yet. However, it has happened in other games.

3. Role Playing Public Radio
    May 30, 2019 at 11:25 pm

Nope, that was a different game! 😉

4. Victor Badger
    May 31, 2019 at 6:38 am

This was fun! It was weird for me to hear Ross struggling with the rules a bit, then I realized that 5th ed and maybe D6 Star Wars are the only games that I’ve run more than he has, and I went back to enjoying it. David was in his element as a piratical bard. Good stuff!

5. David
    May 31, 2019 at 6:55 am

@Victor Badger
    Thank you! I had been away from the table for a bit here, and I felt like jumping in to a playtest was a chance to get back on the horse. Upon finding out what the scenario entailed, it was more a case of stepping *over* the Shetland pony and sitting down.

Decidedly fun scenario, and I heartily recommend it. It is my understanding that it is one of several, and I’m eagerly looking forward to the opportunity to try the next one.

6. Shane Ivey
    May 31, 2019 at 8:17 am

I haven’t had a chance to listen to the whole thing. How did it go?

7. Role Playing Public Radio
    May 31, 2019 at 4:31 pm

The adventure went well! I let the players use creative problem solving for some of the problems so they skipped some of the optional encounters.

8. sevrlbats
    June 3, 2019 at 12:33 pm

I usually sneer at D&D, but I got whisked into a Conan mood round when this hit early access and imagined the action in a 70s fantasy film grain and special effects style, and it worked for me!

9. DiploRaptor
    June 8, 2019 at 9:39 am

Well this was a fun little romp and adventure