Trail of Cthulhu: Uku Pacha

After the discovery of Machu Picchu, other explorers and archeologists searched for other Inca ruins. A confession of a Spanish occultist who died during the Inquisition is discovered in a library’s archives in the 1930s. It mentions a hidden tomb high up in the Peruvian mountains. Soon, an expedition is formed to look for the hidden tomb but they will find more than treasure buried inside.

6 comments for “Trail of Cthulhu: Uku Pacha

1. Mark
    May 5, 2017 at 9:45 pm

A fun listen and a internet cookie for Tom for his awesome pilot but a bit too much metagaming in parts.

2. sevrl bats
    May 6, 2017 at 7:46 pm

THE YEAR THAT WE FINALLY IMMANENTIZED THE ESCHATON. I SEE YOU, ILLUMINATUS, AND I LOVE IT. it is impossible to get people to read those books

3. Fridrik
    May 7, 2017 at 7:08 am

Here is an example of an expedition that spent 11 on the first leg “…The expedition took a large amount of equipment, including enough food to last two years, a cedar-topped oak camp table with two chairs, rockets, flags and a Chinese gong…”

They did not make it back

4. sevrl bats
    May 7, 2017 at 1:06 pm

oh my goddd Bill Bryson talks about that expedition in In a Sunburned Country
    it’d be tragic if not for, you know, colonialism and they all deserved to die anyway
    so it’s kinda darkly hysterical instead

5. Fridrik
    May 7, 2017 at 1:25 pm

@sevrl bats

It’s slightly less of a tragedy when you learn that the main reason that Burke was but in charge of the expedition was that he had “a very impressive mustache” . That expedition could be a Fiasco game.

6. Will
    May 16, 2017 at 5:16 pm

I have just about reached the point in my RPPR experience that when I hear Aaron mention ‘explosives’ I think “Oh boy…”