Delta Green: Kali Ghati

Sponsor: This is a published scenario from Arc Dream. Please consider buying Kali Ghati if you enjoy this AP.

Synopsis: A mixed group of federal law enforcement and military agents find themselves in Afghanistan on a mission for Delta Green. A fellow Delta Green agent has gone missing from an Army base in a troubled province. It’s up to the agents to find him before the disappearance draws the kind of attention that Delta Green cannot afford. The missing agent went on a mission by himself into the heart of darkness. Even if the team survives the journey, can they gaze into the void and survive?

7 comments for “Delta Green: Kali Ghati

1. lark wake
    December 27, 2016 at 5:13 pm

I for one have always thought the Basic Role-Playing system was at its best when 85% of the session is almost-completely acontextual combat =|

2. AdamS
    January 1, 2017 at 12:39 pm

Lines up with my read of the module. Weak start, and a prime example of how the way information is presented to us shapes how we present it to others. There was a very clear shift in Ross’ tone when he switched from the abstract skill-gated infodump in the early investigation to the freeform QnA in the midpoint. The final act is definitely the strongest; it takes some pretty obvious railroading to get there, but the roadside ambush can be scarily tense, and the encounter with the Sleeper, Ellis, and the cultists is CLASSIC CoC. If I were to run it, I’d probably rewrite the beginning to make the infodump flow better, but Ross did the best he could with an imperfect module.

January 1, 2017 at 3:02 pm

Didn’t have as much of an issue with the scenario myself, though admittedly I haven’t read it before and I’m pretty lenient on starting modules. The IED scene is pretty flavorful, have to hand it to Arc Dream.

Also, I laughed way too hard at Shaun’s Keijo joke.

4. Jibril
    January 3, 2017 at 8:08 pm

I only have one question – why do you the villa ge Khali Ghata, when in the scenario is Khali Ghati? Or is Khali Ghata the proper pronunciation of this name?

5. January 4, 2017 at 1:39 am

It’s called Kali Ghati. I just mispronounced it.

January 4, 2017 at 3:58 pm

That is a pretty deadly/insanity inducing scenario to start a campaign(or mini-campaign) off. 😀

It was a pretty good listen! So many chances to die or go insane. Gunfire is a huge danger in DG.

Can’t wait to see Shaun’s agent next time. Hopefully he will get back a few SAN points by the next mission.