Better Angels: The Spared and the Spoiled episode 3

Money may be the root of all evil but it's also the root of all fun!The Fiendish Four plan and execute their first major heist! Robbing banks is so lame and not as profitable as ransoming landmark buildings, like a certain major brewery located in their home city. Even though the villains claim to be evil, they don’t want to cause too damage. After all, the ransoming is just to raise enough money to save the school. But when you get amateur civilians imbued with demonic superpowers, each egged on by literal inner demons, the situation becomes slightly more…chaotic than planned. Find out how badly their first major act of villainy fares in this must-listen episode!

16 comments for “Better Angels: The Spared and the Spoiled episode 3

1. SageNytell
    January 30, 2014 at 4:28 pm

We need more episodes with the “Mistakes Were Made” tag. :D

2. Daniel
    January 30, 2014 at 6:10 pm

Well that was something.

Also what is the origin of the “There is monsters in the school Tom” line?

3. Ethan C.
    January 30, 2014 at 7:03 pm

Man, I haven’t even gotten to the heist part yet, and I’m already loving this. The stuff in the school is just pure gold.

Especially the debate team. I did debate in high school. So gold.

4. darthrex
    January 30, 2014 at 11:32 pm

So the peanut gallery is a great touch, I kept waiting to see how long it would take them to realize the english teacher had a daemon and was getting a heads up on bill in building a cult.
    Then fissile material happened. I did not see that coming.

January 31, 2014 at 4:45 am

radioactive material is really bad news even when you don’t have a crazy government: http://what-if.xkcd.com/29/ <"'touching storage casks in a depleted nuclear fuel pool will kill you"

I was gonna say that RPPR was running two gonzo comedy superhero games at once but this one got seriously dark there

6. JWhit
    January 31, 2014 at 12:55 pm

This is already my new favorite campaign.

7. Timtombimbomb
    February 1, 2014 at 11:44 am

I haven’t finished this episode yet. That being said, it seems to me that any attack that includes radioactive material is probably going to call down the anti-terrorist thunder.

8. Jay
    February 1, 2014 at 4:13 pm

Just to make it clear, if I’m doing my calculations right then uranium hands are greater then 1 criticallity and yeah we’d be talking bad. Really bad. If you turned his whole body forget that, we’d be talking boom.

9. Beej
    February 2, 2014 at 3:40 am

Drone strikes and irradiated beer aside, the slow play on the horse was great.

10. zero
    February 5, 2014 at 6:00 am

Caleb as the Gov’t operative was actually rather intimidating in his no-nonsense approach. He let the players off too easy though at the end. Shooting a drone thousands of feet up and hitting it’s missile release?

Bah

Granted the campaign could’ve EASILY been trashed right there, but still. Reap what you sow!

Speaking of that, I didn’t get my fix of devil tempting this time, most everything was lobbied for the player himself, and there were no cases for redemption at all.

Still very entertaining! Good job, guys.

11. Will
    February 5, 2014 at 6:15 pm

Sorry Caleb I have to do it. http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll275/1337Cyndic2/supplies.gif

Otherwise, great job to everyone. You help make my workdays more tolerable.

12. Mark
    February 12, 2014 at 9:33 pm

I really like how Ross’ character is subverting the stereotype that Asians are, y’know, *smart*. =P

13. Levi
    February 13, 2014 at 3:13 pm

This campaign is absolutely hilarious. Bill steals just about every scene he’s in – the debate team scenes were especially good. Brilliant.

March 6, 2014 at 5:37 pm

My eyes bugged out when Ross said the “U” word on the phone with the negotiator. And then again with David’s response to the other guy… Yikes.

15. zero
    September 25, 2014 at 8:01 am

relistening to this, I like how Caleb sometimes responds to silly comments with nothing but a gutteral mutter, and yet his intent is clear.

2:48 for an example of this.

16. November 13, 2014 at 11:12 am

How am I the first person to post “YOU CAN’T HUG YOUR CHILDREN WITH NUCLEAR ARMS!”?