Wild Talents: The Heroes of New Arcadia Episode 11

HOWTO: Make DIY power armor and fight crime (3.3/5 stars, 3,501 comments) The second tier of the Heroes of New Arcadia campaign begins! After recovering from their epic battle with the Syndicate, the heroes have new threats on the horizon. But the heroes have been changed by their experiences, some mentally or emotionally while a few have undergone even greater transformations. The Collective is imprisoning all supernatural creatures, including ancient gods. After the heroes discover this, they investigate which leads to a search in the desert and a confrontation with an unnatural guardian. All this and more in episode 11 of the Heroes of New Arcadia!

18 comments for “Wild Talents: The Heroes of New Arcadia Episode 11

May 23, 2012 at 12:17 pm

That’s right, Libra, that’s what it reminded me of.

2. Omega
    May 23, 2012 at 4:50 pm

Ah, good ole’ Heroes of New Arcadia.

Fun fact for you though, Ross, the EMP generated by Nuclear explosions is an effect from the atmosphere. It’s an interaction between the Gamma radiation generated by the blast interacting with the atmosphere and the Earth’s magnetic field, which causes electromagnetic stuff. It would not occur if the weapon was detonated in space.

May 23, 2012 at 9:26 pm

there’s no Caleb in this! your lying tags are tearing me apart, Ross Payton! also wow it feels like a long time since we’ve heard from New Arcadia. I hope Mister Helpful MIB there turns out to be feeding them nothing but deceit. PCs are too trusting!

(I think every comment I’ve ever posted on RPPR has followed the ‘brief observation! ALSO slightly lengthier observation!’ format)

4. May 24, 2012 at 12:50 am

man between EMPs and tagging, I can’t get anything right

5. MKS
    May 24, 2012 at 1:05 am

@Ross: that’s the great thing aboot fiction, it doesn’t follow our rules :3

May 24, 2012 at 1:30 am

I’m sure moon war nukes pulsed way more electromagnetically than normal ones.

7. joecrak
    May 24, 2012 at 3:59 pm

I love Thad. And I love his new character spin so much that i want to steal it and use it and play it off like I’m original and creative.

8. Guycep
    May 24, 2012 at 11:04 pm

Mr. Harris is the best new character. I hope he continues to slip strangely wry remarks into his monotone explanations.

I like how he knows most of what the group’s done, and their names.

“Jamal. His name is Jamal. Did you not know that?”

May 25, 2012 at 4:43 am

Yeah, Mr. Harris is a pretty cool addition. I’m sad that he’s a Ross NPC and will try to kill the PCs.

Also, I want to listen to Aaron’s next character “The Liar,” armed with the wallet and maybe a few other mystic trinkets that let him move about.

10. Thaddeus
    May 25, 2012 at 6:57 am

Hah! I’m still amused that I got Mr. Harris to say “Shit List.”

11. joe
    May 25, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Existential crisis: is Aaron a bad liar or a great roleplayer that always plays bad liars?

12. Aaron
    May 25, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Bullshit answer: I am the best roleplayer on the face of the planet and you snivelling shits would die without me!

True Answer: I am really that poor of a liar in real life. Most the time when creating characters it does not occur to me to include bluff or deception since I rarely play my characters that way.

13. Jason
    May 25, 2012 at 10:30 pm

That’s our Aaron.

14. HapexIndustries
    May 26, 2012 at 1:33 am

Certainly a misleading thumbnail (I mean c’mon, that suit has a damned hardhat on it) but relentlessly awesome nonetheless. The four hours flew by and I wanted more. I think the best thing about Heroes is the amount of interesting back story that gets revealed combined with the amount of time spend on character development. It’s interesting enough that I find myself really paying attention and losing track of time (which is important as I listen to these at my mind-numbing job). The best moment was definitely Aaron’s lie attempt. I was so excited for him; equipped with an item that basically ensured people would believe him, I saw no way for him to fail. Seconds later, Thad was in the fetal position ad so was I. Also I was really glad the giant wreckage golem fight didn’t devolve into an hour of dice rolling, the Moon War sequence was a billion times better. Looking forward to more action and revelations, especially after Jason’s little spoiler drop… “Holy” what? Hope the next update is sooner rather than later.

15. May 27, 2012 at 8:39 am

Mathomancy. Using math to alter reality. Loved it. I will love to see (er… hear) what sort of crazy stuff both the collective does with it and all the stuff the group will do with it when they get a better handle on it.

16. MKS
    May 27, 2012 at 7:22 pm

@Aaron don’t ever change :3

17. Nate
    May 28, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Agreed. Shine on you crazy diamond.

18. Tom
    September 20, 2013 at 5:39 am

I know this is old, but I just had to throw in my two cents, I love Thad’s new character! This is great stuff.