RPPR Actual Play: Call of Cthulhu – U-Boote Heraus Part 1

Courtesty of Adam Scott Glancy

Courtesty of Adam Scott Glancy

U-Boote Heraus! Part 1 of a Call of Cthulhu scenario

Run at Gencon 2009 by Adam Scott Glancy of Pagan Publishing

U-boat warfare in World War 1 was a grim, grisly affair but one crew will find themselves embroiled in a struggle far darker than the war to end all wars.  What secrets does the strange cargo ship with its odd crew hold? How do you use a potato masher grenade? What does a Maxim machine gun do to a rowboat full of sailors? Find out the answer to some of these questions and more with part 1 of U-Boote Heraus.

Players: Shane Ivey, Greg Stolze, Tom Church, Frank Frey, Hansrainer Peitz, Ross Payton

Please note that this is an epic scenario and the first part is about five and a half hours.

9 comments for “RPPR Actual Play: Call of Cthulhu – U-Boote Heraus Part 1

1. Boyos
    November 10, 2009 at 3:35 am

note to self, during the zombie take over, get ross with a machine gun.

2. November 10, 2009 at 5:13 am

Nice. Good idea to have a exclusive feed to the APs. And heck of a good recording for GenCon too!

3. November 13, 2009 at 7:48 pm

I’ve been waiting a long time for this and I was not disappointed. My only regret is that my portable MP3 player is broken and I can’t take this with me everywhere that I go like I do with Dig to Victory.

4. Beej
    December 3, 2009 at 1:05 pm

Go go gadget maxium gun!

I loved the misdirect with the Cthulhu statue.

If you have anymore recordings of Adam’s games…POST THEM!!! Epicly awesome!

5. Chart
    December 20, 2009 at 2:24 am

Finished listening to Part 1 today…absolutely awesome! These guys are hilarious and having a great time. It is well worth 5+ hours of your life.

6. Dan
    December 4, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Hey, other than the background static (can’t be helped at gencon I know) this was great. It started out like a ww2 style movie and became twisted in the end. Another great session. makes me miss RPG.

7. C.R.
    February 4, 2013 at 3:44 pm

Am I the only one that thinks Adam Scott Glancy sounds like Penn Jillette? Because he does.

December 7, 2013 at 11:46 pm

My God, Ross is a monster as a player this episode.