RPPR Actual Play: Call of Cthulhu – U-Boote Heraus Part 1

Courtesty of Adam Scott Glancy

Courtesty of Adam Scott Glancy

U-Boote Heraus! Part 1 of a Call of Cthulhu scenario

Run at Gencon 2009 by Adam Scott Glancy of Pagan Publishing

U-boat warfare in World War 1 was a grim, grisly affair but one crew will find themselves embroiled in a struggle far darker than the war to end all wars.  What secrets does the strange cargo ship with its odd crew hold? How do you use a potato masher grenade? What does a Maxim machine gun do to a rowboat full of sailors? Find out the answer to some of these questions and more with part 1 of U-Boote Heraus.

Players: Shane Ivey, Greg Stolze, Tom Church, Frank Frey, Hansrainer Peitz, Ross Payton

Please note that this is an epic scenario and the first part is about five and a half hours.

10 comments for “RPPR Actual Play: Call of Cthulhu – U-Boote Heraus Part 1

1. Boyos
    November 10, 2009 at 3:35 am

note to self, during the zombie take over, get ross with a machine gun.

2. November 10, 2009 at 5:13 am

Nice. Good idea to have a exclusive feed to the APs. And heck of a good recording for GenCon too!

3. November 13, 2009 at 7:48 pm

I’ve been waiting a long time for this and I was not disappointed. My only regret is that my portable MP3 player is broken and I can’t take this with me everywhere that I go like I do with Dig to Victory.

4. Beej
    December 3, 2009 at 1:05 pm

Go go gadget maxium gun!

I loved the misdirect with the Cthulhu statue.

If you have anymore recordings of Adam’s games…POST THEM!!! Epicly awesome!

5. Chart
    December 20, 2009 at 2:24 am

Finished listening to Part 1 today…absolutely awesome! These guys are hilarious and having a great time. It is well worth 5+ hours of your life.

6. Dan
    December 4, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Hey, other than the background static (can’t be helped at gencon I know) this was great. It started out like a ww2 style movie and became twisted in the end. Another great session. makes me miss RPG.

7. C.R.
    February 4, 2013 at 3:44 pm

Am I the only one that thinks Adam Scott Glancy sounds like Penn Jillette? Because he does.

December 7, 2013 at 11:46 pm

My God, Ross is a monster as a player this episode.

9. Mark
    April 9, 2017 at 1:36 pm

There may have been as many as 366 Q-ships, of which 61 were lost. After the war, it was concluded that Q-ships were greatly overrated, diverting skilled seamen from other duties without sinking enough U-boats to justify the strategy.In a total of 150 engagements, British Q-ships destroyed 14 U-boats and damaged 60, at a cost of 27 Q-ships lost out of 200. Q-ships were responsible for about 10% of all U-boats sunk, ranking them well below the use of ordinary minefields in effectiveness.
    Wikipedia
    Also the British were not alone in using decoy ships so we were not the only underhanded guys..