Red Markets – Cowboy Singing

A new group of takers has formed in the enclave of Trabajo, looking for work. A client in the Recession wants them to retrieve a painting, Thomas Eakin’s “Cowboy Singing” from a museum in Denver. Venturing into the heart of a city is never easy or safe, but the pay is worth it.

This is the first of three games I ran in different systems, linked by famous paintings, a triptych if you will. Enjoy!

7 comments for “Red Markets – Cowboy Singing

1. brother
    June 8, 2017 at 9:38 am

Three different settings you say? Intrigued.

2. June 8, 2017 at 4:53 pm

Trabajo Gaiden! Woot!

3. 0_o
    June 9, 2017 at 3:38 pm

Melissa is back! <3

4. ZypherIM
    June 10, 2017 at 12:16 am

Crit failures on demand made the session pretty great. I’d have to say the biggest thing that red markets one-shots seem to lack is more of the economic pressure that shows up in the campaigns. Maybe starting the players off with some sort of situation, like debt or a community need or a favor that they need to try to do while still making money would help.

Something like delta green’s “what type of experience brought your guy in” except for economic pressure.

5. Velasa
    June 11, 2017 at 11:55 pm

I just wanted to say that I absolutely started crying when they got to the wailing wall because those people are saints oh my god. What a beautiful game.

6. June 29, 2017 at 11:40 pm

@Velasa – thank you for your comment. It was the highest complement you could have paid me. I set out to add a sense of pathos in this game and I am glad I reached at least one listener.

7. Will
    July 4, 2017 at 9:36 am

You reached at least two Ross! I am stealing that for my campaign though so…. I have purloined your pathos.

(Also it was weird hearing the character names from the One Shot Podcast episode, as they were soooo different. Aaron’s Greasy is a much more cleancut character than your Greasy for a start… and Loman had 100% less flopsweat than James’s)