Call of Cthulhu: The White Stairs

Battles Without Honor & Humanity (or sanity) In the post-war streets of Hiroshima, 1952, two Yakuza clans battle for control of the lucrative black markets and drug trade. The dominant clan is losing their hold because of the lack of leadership from their boss. He sends his two sons and two loyal enforcers on strange errands that have nothing to do with running the business. Soon, the Yakuza find themselves embroiled in a strange battle between the supernatural and their rival clan. Find out who lives and who dies in this one shot game!

12 comments for “Call of Cthulhu: The White Stairs

1. Azuregos
    January 11, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Call of Cthulhu episodes on this site are always a thing worth celebrating! Thank you for entertainment once again. Amazing AP, as usually.

2. Sam
    January 11, 2012 at 7:48 pm

I’ve come to the conclusion that somewhere in the past nine months, you all beat down on Aaron so hard that he finally grew a roleplaying spine and has since become awesome.

“There’s just one problem with it: the bloodstains.” Immediate punch check, knocks a punk out. Beautiful. Aaron, I salute you sir.

January 12, 2012 at 12:59 am

yeah, I was thinking the same thing! Aaron was actually mean to people, I love it.

4. Z
    January 12, 2012 at 7:44 am

This game was pretty goddamn great.

5. malkav11
    January 12, 2012 at 10:13 pm

You know, when you were soliciting opinions about the next campaign and mentioned both Yakuza and Call of Cthulhu as possibilities, my mind immediately went to the melding of the two. I’m pleased to see that it was not a mere dream!

6. January 13, 2012 at 2:58 am

I love it! Especially the titillating remark that Tom is working on a new game. Sad that he never got to eat anybody.

7. Drew
    January 13, 2012 at 5:14 pm

This is by far one of the most entertaining Actual Plays I’ve listened to. Keep up the great work and I look forward to more CoC games!

8. Decimator
    January 17, 2012 at 1:57 pm

“You can’t call railroading on yourself!”

It’s a good thing my boss doesn’t mind me busting out laughing for no apparent reason!

9. January 22, 2012 at 3:30 am

Inspired me to re-watch the Yakuza Papers, and look for the beggar in every scene. I think I saw him in a couple. I’m busy enhancing the photos, his influence lingers.

10. Herrigold
    February 3, 2012 at 10:18 pm

Listened to this again today. Awesome.

11. Ann
    November 5, 2012 at 11:37 am

I’m a bit late to the party, but that was a terrific actual play as always. And you had the best pre-asskicking one-liner ever, Aaron. Can I just say that you were awesome?

12. zero
    March 14, 2014 at 8:30 am

a very enjoyable CoC game, probably one of the best, I can see how this probably got reinvented as Tribes of Tokyo later on, which is one of the better campaigns you guys’ve done.