Base Raiders: Gate 9 – Episode 14

The Biobuddy fighting circuit is a dark and dangerous subculture, where money is more important than anything else. Trainers do everything to get their Biobuddy to win arena fights, even if it means dirty tricks. In order to take over the Biobuddy circuit, the Gate 9 crew needs to identify the major players and that means going undercover.

9 comments for “Base Raiders: Gate 9 – Episode 14

1. Robert Wolf
    October 23, 2017 at 10:51 pm

Like always your Gate-9 Campaign continues to be just pure gold.

Have you guys ever thought about doing T-shirts regarding your most famous RPPR scenes or Phrases?
    Like Sawbots epic “I’m programed to F*ck people up” with a generic robot picture?
    Or maybe a T-shirt showing the epic Shark fight?
    Maybe a shirt from your Gods Teeth campaign with the nursing Home dog attack or the F’ING bear haha.

I’m sure ya might have already done something like that & I just missed it, but y’all guys got so many Great RPPR moment that I think would make some good shirts & y’all got a lot of fans.
    I’m sure they would sell like.

2. Wyrd
    October 24, 2017 at 11:22 pm

I can attest that YuGiOh does operate exactly like that– they’ll print some OP card. The price for the card shoots up.

Then they’ll ban it.

Then later, they’ll unban it.

Still later, they’ll reprint it so the cycle can repeat.

Furry cows moo and decompress.

3. October 25, 2017 at 3:59 pm

So here’s some praise that I’ve yet to heap upon two members of RPPR.

Bill is yet again the shining wit of Base Raiders, and I always love Shaun’s aside comments “Yeah, there you go, that’s great, buddy.” (aside) “Yeah we’re going to have to put a stop to that” Shaun’s one of my favorite RPers altogether, digging more into his character than anyone else, but Bill’s good-natured humor and appreciation of the genre, no matter how outlandish, is always a good laugh.

4. firefrog600
    November 3, 2017 at 8:19 pm

so what kind of power level are these superheroes at I remember fondly the arcadia campaign and i haven’t started this one yet and I was wondering?
    oh also any idea how long you guys want this campaign to be?
    also do you think they can potentially get to the power level of heroes of new arcadia with space jesus and superbat?

5. malkav11
    November 4, 2017 at 10:48 am

I think part of the design inspiration of Base Raiders was to avoid getting to a place quite as broken as cosmic level New Arcadia was.

6. firefrog600
    November 5, 2017 at 1:03 am

I thought so too but i was hoping the characters would be stronger than secret agents and cops and a little more on the level of spider man or someone of similar level in power. so i was wondering what power level they are at and I know that’s not an actual term for what they are playing I am wondering what the general level of their power is?

7. malkav11
    November 5, 2017 at 2:12 pm

Well, as of an episode or two back they jumped to the “global” level of power. But even in the original conception they definitely have full on super superpowers.

8. firefrog600
    November 8, 2017 at 2:32 am

so how many players are actually regularly playing? also what are the characters names and powers?

9. November 14, 2017 at 12:07 am

Characters are high power at this tier (30 skill points and 10 refresh) PCs in the first tier were medium power (25 skill points and 8 refresh). All the PCs except Tom are described and (depicted!) in the first 2 episodes.