Iron Heroes: Fortunes of War Episode 8

Thanks, Sir ObviousXin’s Crows must protect the Imperial Army from a dangerous ambush, if they want to get out of the swamp alive and with their fortunes intact. Unfortunately, the Grey Sky Horde has a few tricks up their sleeves and by tricks, I mean advanced war machines. The Crows must sneak into the enemy camp and find a way to disable as many war machines as possible before the ambush starts.

10 comments for “Iron Heroes: Fortunes of War Episode 8

1. August 29, 2013 at 11:05 pm

This got epic and hilarious all at once. A great listen, though it seemed like Caleb and Aaron were getting as annoyed with the system as they might have with a Palladium game or World of Darkness. XD It was funny to hear that too.

September 1, 2013 at 12:42 am

I am surprised no one tried to loot one of the war machenes. One of those would have to be worth a few raises.

September 1, 2013 at 11:53 am

if it’s a legitimate arrow omg

4. Arthur
    September 3, 2013 at 10:07 pm

Almost deaths. Good team work though! Can’t wait for the fallout, RE: profit!

5. September 6, 2013 at 10:32 am

I BELIEVE IN SCIENCE! Yes, I also have trouble reconciling my belief in the rational and my seemingly magical ability to roll like crap. Also, I think Tom might be the Elder God of Dice Rolling.

6. Timtombimbomb
    September 8, 2013 at 4:14 pm

Man, d20 combat is boring as hell to listen to. I’m pretty sure it’s the system, not Ross or the players.

7. Boyos
    September 11, 2013 at 4:04 am

We all know, Jason only saved Aaron so he could kill him his self later.

8. zero
    September 12, 2013 at 6:13 am

everyone ignored the boss fight and attacked the minions. While near deadly, I found the game to be less interesting than the previous ones. There was little that really…separated characters from each other in that fight.

9. Joecrak
    September 12, 2013 at 11:19 am

I love Caleb complaining about d20, because his complaints are well founded as the system is boring and complex.

10. Kim
    September 24, 2013 at 2:25 pm

FWIW I do feel like this campaign’s sessions are a lot less engaging/entertaining than the New World campaign — which was even more tediously rules-fiddly at the same time. Does this mean d20 sucks even worse than 4th edition? I dunno. Could be I just had my hopes absurdly high about a Silk Road or at least China-themed campaign ;(