Cthulhu Dark: Dead Island

The zombies just listened to Who Do You Voodoo Bitch When Ed Healy came to Springfield to visit Meta Games, I stopped by to run a one shot of Cthulhu Dark based on the video game Dead Island. Of course, this happened before the game came out so I basically with zombies at a vacation resort and made it up from there. We had quite a few players for this game including RPPR listeners, Ed Healy, Mike from Bear Swarm and some of the RPPR crew. Enjoy the mayhem!  Also, BUY MY BOOK

14 comments for “Cthulhu Dark: Dead Island

1. Kara Laidlaw
    December 26, 2011 at 4:24 am

I’m a.k.a. @LinuxByChoice on Twitter, and I second Ross’ command
    to buy his book, ’cause I did, and it’s amazing!!! Great writing,
    clever descriptions and future zombie applications (clean energy,
    hee hee hee), and awesome illustrations! I never realized that
    there are different zombie species, and that some species are
    harmless, and that some are even endangered! Brilliant. :?D

2. Kara Laidlaw
    December 26, 2011 at 4:26 am

Ooh, that smiley didn’t turn out right–it was a big grin, like this : ? D
    only without the spaces… wink!

December 26, 2011 at 5:41 am

somebody claimed you can use Cthulhu Dark to run serious games once, but I really can’t even begin to imagine it. and I really wouldn’t wanna see it, anyway. here’s to zany player versus player madness.

4. December 26, 2011 at 6:51 pm

This is great. I’m delighted you had fun.

Crawlkill, I’ll happily run a serious Cthulhu Dark game for you, if we’re ever in the same area. Those are scary, scary games.

December 27, 2011 at 12:27 am

I think making a success is less spiting Ross and more spiting Andrew.

6. Berget
    December 27, 2011 at 2:34 pm

*Spoiler* Aaron survived the game with his first Character? Yep, 2012, end of the world.

7. Elias Swift
    December 28, 2011 at 7:34 pm

Cthulhu Dark: One player decides to make a challenge, and it all goes downhill from there. This is yet another example of that. And it’s a hilarious one at that.

Also, MLP fan characters… Yessss… Though neither of them used the oribtal friendship cannon the bronies seem to love so much!

8. Boyos
    December 29, 2011 at 8:55 am

Aaron also didn’t play a nanny boy scout, Granted he still saved the girl… sorta… but he did it in a d-bag way. haha. Gratz Aaron.

9. Scurvy
    December 30, 2011 at 3:49 pm

Aaron…
    you’re the man now, dawg.
    😀

10. Frank
    December 31, 2011 at 1:16 pm

Is Drew always so argumentative? It seemed like he had to argue semantics over something every 5 minutes.

11. Herrigold
    January 2, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Loved it!

12. January 3, 2012 at 8:03 pm

This was an awesome time. You rock, Mr P.

13. Patrick
    January 5, 2012 at 11:46 am

Best game since Aaron’s “Haunted Manor” pre-GenCon insanity. I kind of wish Kaleb could have sat in on that one. Really fun game that had me cracking up. Tom & Aaron win MVP honors for that session.

14. Jacob
    January 5, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Please do NOT fiddle with the dice; please do NOT allow more than two or three persons speak at once; please do NOT speak out of character too much – it ruins the feeling of the game. Thanks!