4E Dungeons and Dragons – The New World Campaign Game 24: The Dinner Party

Victory over Cortez’s horde means one thing: Party time! Kuthin the warlock’s uncle has recently arrived at the colony and is quite rich. Obviously Uncle Fustus wants to make a big impression so he throws a huge party to celebrate the victory. Practically every named NPC introduced so far in the campaign is there, from lovable King Sea Moss to super-villain-esque Axgore. The Water Barons have some wheeling and dealing to do and Uncle Fustus has his own plans…

Special thanks to Ean Moody for the art!

11 comments for “4E Dungeons and Dragons – The New World Campaign Game 24: The Dinner Party

1. rayner23
    May 4, 2010 at 1:03 pm

I appreciate that we thought it was episode 26 or 27 and it was actually 24.

To show how old this episode is, the wedding I went to? The couple totally has a kid now. Ridiculous.

2. Patrick
    May 5, 2010 at 5:51 pm

Best moment of the game is when Cody realizes that he absolutely will not, under any condition, have sex with a she-ogre for fear of an STD…

I mean, vampires; okay. A FUCKING table; okay! A she-ogre; naaaahhhh… Haha, classic.

This session was truly epic, on every level. I loved the fact that this session was 100% roleplaying, not a single fight. That’s quite an accomplishment.

I am left wondering though; will Bright Eyes ever be seen again? Hmmmmmm…

3. beej
    May 6, 2010 at 3:04 pm

This episode is so awesome there’s just too much to quote. I love how people are trying to convince Carrington to take the ship when they don’t know it will kill him and his family.

4. iceemaker
    May 7, 2010 at 9:34 pm

I will not be surprised if Uncle Fustus is indeed Pontifex. Perhaps it wasn’t meant to be a mystery…
    “Oh, good, uncle did recieve my letters!”
    “How did he get your letters if –”
    “Shut up!”

5. Alexander
    May 8, 2010 at 2:10 pm

This episode of the Water Barons’ escapades (sexcapades?) rocked. Most of the players were in top form throughout the entire session. Cody was hilarious as usual, Dan did some great role playing and lucked out on his rolls, and Tom’s reaction to his new station felt kind of anime cutesy.

Kudos on Ross’ handling of the little squabble between Mike and Bill.
    “Be quiet and let me speak my peace. You’ll have a turn to speak.”. AKA, STFU, KTHX.
    Note to self, if players ever start to argue, table the matter for later. It’ll eventually solve itself. 🙂
    I was expecting a little more from the amount of times it had been mentioned in the past, but it was definitely awkward. Might make for good podcast material though: How to Keep Players From Killing Eachother IRL.

6. Scrumpy7
    May 10, 2010 at 2:40 pm

Truly a fantastic episode. The roleplaying was great, on all sides. So much more entertaining to listen to than a combat-oriented episode.

But, I agree that the squabble between Mike and Bill was anticlimactic. Ross mentioned in one of the regular podcasts that this the second (of three?) blowups between them occurred during the dinner party episode, and I’d really been looking forward to it. I’d expected fireworks, but this was just kind of uncomfortable, and then it passed. So much for my schadenfreude.

7. rayner23
    May 11, 2010 at 1:37 pm

It was just a really awkward situation and probably a lot worse for us because we had to live it. Everyone looked at one another and wondered what to say and do. It was priceless.

8. Fuzzy Dan
    May 11, 2010 at 3:09 pm

And then I sabotaged Mike’s plans by agreeing that a unanimous vote could overrule Tom, with no intention of ever voting against Tom.

Oh Kuthin, will your layers of deception ever stop being epic?

9. Patrick
    May 13, 2010 at 1:38 pm

Evil!

10. Fuzzy Dan
    May 13, 2010 at 5:05 pm

It was evil to sabotage the power-hungry, unaligned, and overall incompetent warforged fighter plot to become the Commander in Chief of the New World’s largest congregation of sociopa… err adventurers and place the Lawful Good, Trustworthy, and voice of morality Dragonborn figher in charge?

Oh, you are probably talking about the other things that happened… yeah, I could see how some would see that as evil. I consider it “Morally Grey for the Greater Good.”

11. May 13, 2010 at 7:45 pm

“Morally grey for the greater good” is our motto. We’ve followed it this far, might as well keep going.